Monday, October 17, 2011

The Return of Roast Chicken

Seeing as my husband & I can only eat so much roast chicken, it was time to figure out what to do with the remaining chicken from Friday. Let's face it, it's not getting any fresher. It's starting to get colder, so naturally, my thoughts turned to chicken soup.
I decided to make up a pot of chicken noodle soup. It was an informal soup making session. I just sliced some garlic, onion, celery and carrots with the mandolin. I sauteed the veggies for a few minutes, and then added some chicken broth and some of the left over chicken bones. The only seasonings were salt, pepper, and a dash of rosemary.  I let it simmer for about 2 hours. Then, I shredded up some left over chicken, and added it to the pot to warm. Then I boiled some noodles in a different pot. Just before serving I tossed in a handful of spinach and squeezed in some lemon juice. Finally, I added the noodles to each serving bowl, and poured the soup over top.
Here is what I came up with: 

No comments:

Post a Comment